Friday, March 13, 2009

Knot.

Well, less than five hours before my plane leaves, it finally hits me.

There's a knot in my stomach...not the bad, nervous kind...the anxious, jittery kind. I'll probably make a few bathroom visits before I leave. I really hope I can find baby wipes in Colombia. Either that, or I hope that Jesus multiplies the stash I have in my carry-on. Maybe if I give thanks before I rip one in half and use it.

One of the guys in charge down in South America called last night to confirm everything and to see if I had any more questions. It definitely made my mom feel better...apparently she thought no one would be at the airport to pick me up, and the FARC was going to abduct me and I would become a political prisoner. Well, maybe that's exaggerating.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to go eat one of my favorite breakfasts, Muffins-That-Taste-Like-Doughnuts. Then some last-minute running around. Then leaving.

Adios, amigos...I suppose that's what I need to get used to!!

2 comments:

  1. What you are doing is so awesome!! Good luck with everything! I look forward to reading about your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...who are you, 4ZQetc...?

    ReplyDelete