Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Response to blog comments

So...this is not a normal blog post, so it doesn't count as part of my self-imposed "limitations." I'm just responding to some of the people who have left comments on here.

Mama - Well, I'll just talk to you on the phone. And yes, I got the small group email! Make sure you tell Carla that you're "proud of me" (you'll understand when she responds). Oh, and those "Mama" prayers should not include ones such as "please don't let Nick be taken hostage by the FARC," because what if God wanted me to share Jesus with them? :-P

Mychal - I'm not surprised that you're obsessed with my blog...I mean, it's me, right? ;-) JK..........oh, and BTW...they have chicken feet here as well. They even sell it frozen en el supermercado (can you figure that one out? haha.). P.S. I think you would get a lot more business on the streets here. Just throwing that out there...............

Wendy - I'm actually writing down a few words/phrases each day so I can sort of remember what happened. I have a good memory, so that should work out, haha. And that video was pretty hilarious...did Grady injure himself near the end, because it looks like it! Oh, and make sure you let me know how the Human Video skit goes at the Renewed conference (unless it's bad enough to dampen my spirits...then you can just conveniently forget...but I highly doubt that will happen...Gray's probably a more "holy" actor than me...).

Mrs. Laventure - Haha, I didn't actually think your classes were a waste of time (but I think you know that)....but it felt like ALL of them were at first. I was like...I've taken 17 credit hours of Spanish and I can hardly understand a word these people are saying! But it's already gotten a lot better. The people who speak more slowly and enunciate (mostly people who are particularly considerate of my "Spanish status") I can understand almost completely! But my speaking is improving a lot faster than my understanding. Oh, and have yet to find your peso...the earliest I've found was 1992, I think.

Natalie, Jimmy, and Tanya (grouped together because your posts were somewhat similar in content) - Thanks so much for the encouragement/prayers! Oh, and Natalie...please send me an email at thehonorabledropout@yahoo.com about any major community updates!

4ZQeMDwCvP.qmHmZ7hY46mqODKbKhwtY5UlZcA-- - Thanks, whoever you are...............




Yep.

6 comments:

  1. If you were taken hostage by the FARC, I wouldn't get to share Jesus with anyone else, b/c I'd be with Him from my heart attack.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'd had 14 YEARS of Spanish when I went to Colombia and was still blown away at first. Maybe you should keep the '92 peso and if you find an earlier one, put that one back in circulation. ;-) Well, I appreciate your attitude about the FARC (reminds me of "The Heavenly Man"), but don't begrudge your mama her prayers. We're all praying for your safety and protection, whether you like it or not!! I have no doubt about your faithfulness in any situation. I also vote for more blogs. I want to know all those details. Like, do they still say "Que hubo?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jennifer on the FARC. Let's avoid that, shall we? Thanks for outting me and my street business on the WORLD WIDE WEB, by the way. Awesome. Thanks Nick. MISS YOU. come back so we can make india plans. okkkkkkk like NOW.
    ps. have you married yet? if you bring some colombian woman back and pay for her dinner at DJs, I will be pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Nat Bat and I were in Columbia SC the other day and we yelled hello to you. I hope you heard us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - my own personal blog note - don't I feel special!?!?! No - Grady did not injure himself - that was just great acting on his part. In fact, he acted it so well, that Jimmy and Ron really thought he was hurt during 1st service (the video that you saw) because they didn't know he was going to throw that split!

    The Human Video went GREAT at Renewed! The kids did an amazing job. I'm hoping to do it again at Get Revived, though we'll have yet another Jesus since Gray is going to Carowinds that day (Jesus on a roller coaster...hmmm!) Jimmy has reluctantly agreed to step into the role so that we can share it. After all - this is a youth rally - the true target audience for this drama! Say a prayer that it all comes together!

    All is well here on the homefront - hope things are still going well for you! We miss you, but love that you're doing what God has led you to do!! And - I'm with the rest of this crew - stay away from the FARC...AE sent them Bibles via parachutes to save them anyway, so they won' need you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY...so I basically reactivated my old blog just so I can write you. I miss you. A lot. But I am sure I am being redundant--(how could anyone not miss you?) :-P I am so thrilled for you. I just can't express it.

    Also, I am DYING to know about the food. That is the thing I am craving the most in the world right now...mexican food. Specifically, quesoooo....ahhhhhhh. Whenever we are both back at home at the same time...it's happening. And I am going to eat so much, you will have to roll me out the door.


    As it turns out, I am probably moving to England. Crazy, right? More on that story later.

    I'll try to be on AIM more often. Oh, and I'll get to work on that letter ASAP.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete